Friday, August 3, 2012

Orange-breasted Falcon

Luck must have been on my side. I was perusing e-bird and checking occurrence records of some species I had seen while I was in Ecuador. While there seemed to be a fairly good number of records representing many of the species I did see, quite surprisingly there were only two records of Orange-breasted Falcon. Therefore, I just added the third record, from Wild Sumaco Lodge on 19 October 2011.

Having done some homework prior to visiting Ecuador, I knew this bird was going to be tough. There was some indication that the species could be seen on the main road between Narupa and the turnoff to Wild Sumaco, but we didn't see one. However, given the proximity of this known location to the lodge, and the paucity of records on e-bird, luck was clearly on my side that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment